Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools!

Happy April Fool's Day!  The girls anticipate tricking Charles every year and our best strategy has been surprise; not mentioning that April Fool's Day is on the horizon.  This year, however, he remembered and was ready, declaring that there was no way we'd get him.  So we switched tactics, going from statements that just weren't true (i.e. "the battery is dead in the car, you must have left the light on") to practical jokes.

He got up literally declaring, "this is April Fool's Day and you can't trick me."  I was preparing breakfast and he started pouring his coffee.  Little did he know, G had gotten up early and reminded me to prep: together we died the milk blue with food color and switched the sugar in the bowl to salt.  I was unloading the dishwasher when he poured the milk and gave a startled gasp.  The girls came running out laughing and he conceded, "ha, ha, ha, yeah, you got me."  Little did he know that as he was laughing with us, he was stirring huge teaspoons of salt into his coffee.  When he then took a sip and had to spit it out, I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get words out to congratulate the girls.  We tried a few more tricks throughout the day, but they went over with less drama, one failed, and one K decided was just too mean (as it promised cake but didn't deliver).

So for next year...


No comments: